Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Mamà

Birthday dinner. Darryl, Jo, Josh Man, Sam, Mama, and Nick had to leave early.:(
Birthday Girl!!!
Jo and Angelee
After dinner we went to McDonalds for an ice cream comb (as Dad calls them). Good ol uncle Sam helped Joshua conquer his fear of the tube slide. Look at both their red knees.
Goofing off...unfortunately I don't know how to delete pictures once they've been uploaded. This one wouldn't have made it!!!
I think my mom is one of the coolest ladies I know. She is the best mom for me. I don't think just anyone would be able to handle a mom like her, but what we have is perfect. I never have to wonder what she is thinking-she tells me. I know she is always looking out for what's best for me. She is always there to remind me that whatever is meant to be will be and to trust Heavenly Father. She buys my lunch. She'll let me wear her brand new shoes even before she wears them. She drives to Chico just to play with Joshua. She knows what I'm thinking just by what I haven't said. She helps me think out projects and when she makes cookies with walnuts she will label the bag so I won't eat them. Her knees are the most ticklish part on her body, she is known for her famous homemade brownies, cobbler and croutons. She tries so hard to be cool, but, instead of saying BFF she'll say, "Oh, she's your BBF" or instead of keeping it on the DL, she'll say, "It's on the Low Down". She enjoys her job and is so good at it. She has worked miracles with some of those children. She teaches seminary. I don't think she loves it, but she loves how much she has learned through preparing for the lessons. I don't think she realizes what she's given to her students through her willingness to serve. My mom smells like an outside breeze (is that crazy?) and and sips all drinks like they are hot cocoa. I never knew how much my mom loved me until the moment I saw Joshua...at least then I got a better idea. Love you Mom!!!

3 I've got something to say:

Jen said...

Angelee, I don't know your mom personally, but I've heard so many great things about her, and I just have to say, that was the kindest, sweetest tribute to her! She's pretty lucky to have you too, you know!

LaNell Brown said...

I am grateful that she taught Anthony in seminary because I know no other teacher could handle him. He is a little bit of a special case but he loves your Moms classes more then anything, and I know it isn't all brown nosing.

Carlson Clan said...

Angelee, you are such a thoughtful person!! What nice things you have to say about your mom! I think it's great that you guys have such a close relationship! I wanted to tell you that I figured out how to do the smaller pictures in a row...ya know how we were talking about that? When you're uploading your pictures you choose "none" for the layout and then you can put the pictures wherever you want!! It's quite easy! (bytheway..thanks for the congrats)