Ever since I read this, I've thought a lot about living in the moment. I never want to miss any of my life ever again. Yes, I'm tired. Yes, Joshie throws fits. Yes, it's hot in this room. Yes, Charlee is crying. Yes, there are dishes to do. Yes, the car I want is too expensive. Yes, Nick leaves and goes to work everyday. Yes, I have two kids in diapers. But no, I don't want to miss any of it. I want to live in the present. I think back to when Joshua was a baby. I think I was so worried or I was just overwhelmed with the , "I can't wait until..." that I didn't enjoy life the way I could have. I don't think my "until" has happened until now. Things are good. I have the gospel that gives me hope in good things to come. I have a wonderful husband who supports me and treats me so well. I have a two year old who is learning, laughing and loving everyday of his life. I have a good baby. A baby who sleeps and smiles and doesn't scream in the car. I have a mom who would do anything for me. I have brothers who care about me...my whole family gives me support in all sorts of different ways. I have amazing friends.
Lately, when I find myself dreading something or wishing for something else, I remind myself that life is good and to be present because I'm one lucky girl. It's like I'm in a constant state of the Saturday morning of my weekend. I think Saturday morning is the best because I've already got to sleep in one morning and I get to look forward to another night of sleeping in again. I'm smack in the middle of something good.

2 I've got something to say:
It is so hard to do this when you're so tired. I think that's why sleep is so important because you're able to think clearly and focus on what's important in life. Thanks for the blog.
Very nice.
Post a Comment