Sunday, July 5, 2009

lake almanor.

we took shom on his first camping trip. it was only over night...we thought we would go slow. he was the perfect age and LOVED it all. both he and chars slept all night. it couldn't have gone any better than it did. we'll do it again sometime. we rented a pontoon boat for the afternoon. again, he loved it and was brave enough to jump in to his dad in the freezing water.
nick created the "cone zone" of pine cones that circled the fire. he wasn't allowed to go any closer than that. with all the chairs we had there, he insisted on sitting in the dirt with his friend meesha.

all kids under 12 have to be in life jackets...it's the law.


here is one of the first of the series: "am I really that fat" pictures. But, I'm not going to not post any pictures of me because of it. I was there and it is what it is. (apparently the camera has been adding 10 pounds this past weekend)



miss patriotic.
jo, darryl, mom, sam all came too.
we had fun guys.




3 I've got something to say:

Olive and Kaylee said...

I love the "cone zone," what a good idea. And I just can't get over how cute Charlee looks in that life jacket. What a fun trip!

Cameron and Katie said...

I love Charlee's red, white and blue pic. So adorable.

LaNell Brown said...

I remember renting a boat on lake almanor and tubing. Yea the next day I couldn't move my neck. That was way fun. i am glad you guys still go what a fun yearly tradition.