The memory of trunk or treat is one that brings an emotional tie along with it. Last year we also attended trunk or treat with my mom and Joshie wanted nothing to do with it. He wouldn't wear the costume, he would trick or treat...he was not having it. I remember being frustrated and disappointed and at the same time trying to realize he was only 2...the behavior was understandable. To me it wasn't though. At that point I had the gut feeling that something wasn't right. Turns out, most of that behavior was in part his frustration of not being able to use his language to communicate. And, partly the fact that he is stubborn and didn't want to wear that costume. This year...a totally different story. It began with him again, not wanting to wear his costume, but his dada was able to distract him enough that he semi forgot he had it on and once we got there he was having a good time. Finally, I don't have to suffer from the memory of trunk or treat. New wonderful memories have replaced the old. unfortunately, we didn't get a family picture. Good thing we still have actual Halloween to get all dressed up again. I forgot to bring Nick's chef hat so our look wasn't complete.
Audrey's Dance Recital
2 years ago

3 I've got something to say:
Definitely need a family picture because your halloween costumes are all adorable. I am glad it was a better experience this year.
I'm glad Joshie had more fun this time. He seems to be doing so well, Angelee. I totally get the whole communication thing, I admire you for being an alert mom and doing all you can to help him! It's amazing how things can change for the better, my nephew is experiencing the same thing. And yes, I want to see a group picture.
Yeah your outfits were adorable. I loved the theme!
Post a Comment