Saturday, October 15, 2011

annual birthday dinner

no, nick isn't drunk...I think I just caught him off guard.

For a few years now we've celebrated our birthday with the Joneses. (our birthdays are in aug, sept. and two in october) Last night we went to Sierra Nevada. We always have fun chatting, laughing and catching up. We sure like them.

so, many of you may know I've been wanting an iPhone for some time now. I've been carrying around the case sam got me in my purse since my birthday and yesterday was ALMOST my day. my sweet husband pre-ordered me a new iphone4s. a white one. I called best buy yesterday just to make sure they were in and they assured me they were. so, nick and I went before we met richard and krisha and guess what???? no white 16 gig ones came in. I said, "but I called..." they tried to explain how there had been a lot of confusion about which actually came in. I was having none of it. why pre order? so, they said we should be getting an email when they are in. ok, now fast forward to dinner. Richard pulls out a new iphone4s. he says he just happened to stop by the at&t store to have them look at his blue tooth and and he said, "why is it so crowded?" he didn't even know the iPhone was coming out and he walked in and bought one. they told him that none of the pre-orders came in, but someone without a pre-order could buy one. it made me even more mad at the whole situation. and here it is, the next day and still no email from best buy. Krisha really did want one and her birthday is next week so I think we successfully guilted him into giving that one to her.

I'm fighting a doughnut urge. I want a fattening, greasy maple bar. But I know how bad it looks for a thirty something woman to visit a doughnut shop by herself in the middle of the day so I'm not doing it. But, I thought if my kids REALLY wanted one, I guess I could be a good mom and take them. I asked...one said "what's a doughnut?" and they other said, "no thank you". If they don't want one, what kind of mom would I be to force one upon them.

I got a facial last week. I could have laid on that little bed with him rubbing my head all day long. it was so nice. i have beginning signs of fine lines around my eyes between my brows. He tried telling me that it's normal because a lot of our expression is displayed there. I said, no. I'm 31. I'm getting old. I also have blackheads in my right ear. I must sleep more on that side.

I am 16 weeks pregnant. I am having this baby in March. We are very excited. I took Charlee with me to the doctor last week. Now she tells everyone, "Baby says ba-boom ba-boom". It's cute. We'll find out next month if it's a boy or a girl. Josh wants a boy and on the days that charlee wants a baby, she wants it to be a girl.

It's a Saturday and Nick is at work. As much as I don't like it, I think he hates it even more. He is busy with school audits. He is on the audit team (opposed to the tax team) so this is a busy time of year for him. His birthday is next weekend. He'll be 30. I hope he gets fine lines too.

I've started watching some new shows. I DVR them and watch them at my leisure. I love Parenthood and Prime Suspect. Secretly, I just really want to be a detective. I also like modern family and the middle. so funny. i either laugh out loud all by myself or bawl like a baby. There is nothing wrong with that, right?

2 I've got something to say:

shauna said...

OK, so I do that ALL THE TIME where I want some sort of treat and I will excuse it by blaming the kids. They wanted it so I got it too. But it always backfires because they don't seem to care about getting fun food that really isn't good for you. Then I feel bad because my kids are totally fine without all the junk food and it is me pushing it on them. I do that with Ben too where if he eats ice cream then I totally will eat ice cream too. But he doesn't care about food much either.

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I was due then too but now we are just waiting a while before we try again. I think I vote for another boy. Then Charlee can be the spoiled girl who gets to do all the girl stuff and not have to share her clothes with the other one. Plus she can have her mom to herself as well. There seems to be more competition between girls than with boys.

Lenore said...

Hey! Congrats! We are due at the same time!