It's happening. I think I'm starting to age. I know, I know, we're always getting older, but I think I've turned a corner. I've been letting my hair go back to my natural 'dark' color lately. Who knew all this time that I've been coloring my hair I've been covering up my gray. Yes, it's true. I found a single strand of gray hair last night. It was so sad. I pulled it out and stared at it for the longest time until Nick grabbed it out of my hand and threw it on the ground and said, "Forget about it!" So, now I can add that to my list of oldness:
~when the missionaries come over and they talk about graduating high school and it was in 2006.
~the fact that it takes me twice as long to text a message to Sam and it does for him to respond
~One of my fav country songs was named a oldie but goodie on the radio
~Bobbi Brown was on the Today show and said that women my age should already be wearing anti-wrinkle creams.
~I already see styles that are way too young for me.
~I am ready for bed at 9pm
~I think the mall is full of "punk kids"
~And now I have gray hair.
What's next...I will have to paint my eyebrows on before I leave the house.
Audrey's Dance Recital
2 years ago

7 I've got something to say:
Just keep on coloring your hair and no one will know. Last year on my bday a friend at dinner pointed out a gray hair on me. That pretty much ruined my night it is like saying did you know you have a zit on your face? Anyways is stinks to have gray hair and I have noticed that my face looks older these days, it is no good.
I have about six gray hairs that have taken up a permanent residence on my head. I pull them but they always come back. I haven't figured out how they come though. I will pull some that are half gray, half brown and then some that are all gray. They appear out of nowhere, too. One day you won't have any and then the next day there will be three. I have a bunch of wrinkles on my face, too. I know this sounds bad but the idea of botox has crossed my mind and might be something I do. I don't want to look this old already! I still feel young! And then my hip hurts ever since I had Daisy...that is something my mom complains about! We are old-I hate it.
This is when I'm glad my hair isn't super dark. :) I will say one thing, I know I have way more wrinkles than I had even 2 years ago! Ugh! And I agree with your "aging" list.
Your hair always looks great though, no matter the color!
According to "Inside Edition" it's "cool" to have gray hair - Nicole Kidman has sported it on the runway, so that makes gray hair "okay" for others. Ha. You are funny.
I always thought "being old" was a state of mind! But I realized that your state of mind can't change your physical appearance! I totally agree on the aging list... its so sad and we're only 28. Jason says we're lucky and we should enjoy it while we can. I don't have any gray hairs yet, but lots of wrinkles, so tired all the time, and my body continues to fall apart. Gosh, whats it going to be like when we're 70? I don't even want to think about it!! BTW, your hair looks great!!
How can this be happening to US!? The lines around my eyes and mouth are HUGE and I have been using anti-wrinkle cream for years, apparently it is not working. Do you have a kind to recommend? And, I am so glad that we all have stayed friends long enough to commiserate together about getting "old".
What kind of comment is that to leave on a person's blog!?! Who is getting married? Carrie? Who could it be!?
Post a Comment