...sorry for such strong words, but seriously. It wouldn't be so bad if they (they, as in the networks) would wean us into boredom and not just cut us off cold turkey. Good TV almost all week long and then...nothing. Ok, so we're not overboard TV watchers, but I do enjoy me some good reality TV. I know I'm going to make enemies out there, but I HATE dance competition shows...like so you think you can dance or dancing with the stars. Yuck! No more Biggest Loser, No more American Idol, No more Office, No more Desperate Housewives and No more 24. So, my only dvr show this summer is The Closer. I know, kinda a old lady show, but go figure...my mom, Becky and I are all addicted to it. :) I'll always have my HGTV staples of House Hunters and Design to Sell. And about Jon & Kate plus 8. I'll admit that I watch it. I know a lot of you do too, you just haven't admitted it yet. So, I don't know what to think about the whole thing. Are they, aren't they going to get a divorce? Blah, Blah, Blah. Only a matter of time and TV will do that to a family. I know that when TLC came to Nick and I and wanted to feature us in a reality show we had to turn them down. It was tempting to show the world how I handle 2 easy kids, a helpful husband, a load of laundry a day and usually not making dinner, but....my family comes first. :)
Audrey's Dance Recital
2 years ago

11 I've got something to say:
strong words huh ... have you ever read my blog?? :) You should start DVR ing The Soup, its entertaining!
I feel the same way. I wish they would at least show reruns of the shows at the same hour they regularly showed. I feel like it is too much work to pull out the seasons and pick an episode but I am totally willing to watch what is on. I miss Lost and 30 Rock.
Cute and brave post Angelee.
I feel the exact same way, funny thing because I watch almost the exact same shows as you! Summertime, I guess we should go enjoy the great outdoors!
i've never been into the dance shows either, but Desperate Housewives?!?!?!? I'm shocked! :) I'm LOVINg conan on the tonight show and am a what not to wear-a-holic. I think i just had this conversation with Than. Summer tv is lame. I'll have to try out your home shows.
and i do have to agree with mikila that the soup is one of my guilty pleasures. There i go confessing all my sins. But i laugh out loud every time i watch it....and am incredibly offended at the same time....but it's hilarious.
You guys are funny. I have no prob admitting that I find "SYTYCD" very annoying...it literally hurts my ears. (ALL, I mean ALL of my friends here like it. For a while I thought I had a problem b/c I didn't. Phew!) And I do love Jon & Kate, although they bug the crap out of me. They brought it on themselves, they are so media/money hungry! But for the kids' sake they better work it out. Anyway, that is my 2 cents on that.
I LOVE THE CLOSER! Is it really old lady? If you get really bored, start watching THe Nanny. I promise you will like it :)
I think summer tv is supposed to bite so it'll get us as individuals outside doing things and being with other people and not just sitting all summer on our derriere's watching tv. I will admit, I love Jon & Kate and 18 kids and counting and Biggest Loser and a few others. I'm really thinking of just getting rid of our tv so it'll force my kids to get outside and play and make me actually accomplish something because I am addicted to tv and that is why my house is always messy and why I'm always behind on laundry. So I'm thinking... it's outta here for the summer.
Same here Angelee. I am excited for Monk to start....but it is the last season!!! I was so mad to hear about that. I love John and Kate plus 8. oh, yea, I was asked to do a show. It was going to be called "how does a tall 4'11" mexican mother keep a clean house... while on meds?" It didn't fly with Dustin, so I gave them your address.
Well, I love SYTYCD. But maybe it's the dancer in me. I like critiquing =) I'll admit it, I LIKE (maybe even LOVE) DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES! I want to know who Mike married! and LOST, and...well, maybe I'm addicted to TV as well. I don't have cable, and it's probably a good thing I don't. Then I'd be watching Deadliest Catch, Project Runway, MythBusters, other senseless shows. Well, I guess I will just have to go outside =)
The closer IS NOT OLD LADY!!!
Post a Comment