look at me...I'm updating my blog. It's not that I don't want to or never think about it...I just haven't. No good excuses. We are getting so close to having our baby. Less than two weeks. We are getting so close to being ready. We moved Charlee into her big girl room (it's pink with kitty stripes) and we painted the baby's room a nice shade of brown. Josh has been sad that he isn't getting a new room so we got him some new hooks to hang his superhero costumes and that seems to be good enough. He is such a joy to have. He is happy, smart, caring and tries so hard to be a good boy. He's doing so well in school and he is playing soccer for the first time. He is clueless, but he's out there with a smile on his face.
A rare moment she allowed him to be on her bed. Usually, it's "No Joshie. No boys on my bed". Nick says, "and we're going to keep it that way!!!"
yes, those are kitty stripes on her arms. they happened when she was supposed to be napping. and what you can't see is all the lotion she also put on. "I put lotion on to make my skin soft". She thinks she is Kitty Soft Paws.
We love her to pieces, but man is she challenging. Today is day two of operation only wears dresses. We have been battling an anti underwear war. Turns out, she fights less when she wears a dress. So, we went to Target and came home with the only three dresses she agreed to. I don't even care. I'm letting it go. And her hair is another problem. Won't wear pony tails anymore. So, she has to wear her headband. That's another fight. And she only has one pair of shoes that she'll wear. And her seat belt is too tight. And she doesn't like 'that' cup. And "Josh say something to me". And she gets up in the night cause she doesn't want to sleep. And the list goes on and on. She is so opinionated and strong willed. She will only talk if she wants to and she has a quiet little freak show voice she uses just to drive us crazy. She is mostly potty trained. Knock on wood no accidents in the night for a while, but occasionally she'll strip and pee right in front of the toilet. It drives me crazy!!! and yesterday she and I had a conversation that I didn't think we'd have until she was a teenager. she told me that I was a bad mommy. that I was mean. and "I don't love you mommy". I continued doing what I was doing and told her that she could feel like that...and inside I was thinking, "girl...i hope you and I make it cause you don't know how mean I really want to be." I'm not going to go on and on about her cause I don't really hate her, she just drives me crazy. Especially because I have only 9 days until I have a baby and because I think she knows it too so she is testing me. I need to call Shauna and vent to her...I think her Kaylee might bring the same horrible feelings out in her too. Or Jana and Cali. Anybody else living with their own personal "charlee"?

6 I've got something to say:
haha...yeah I'm living with my own personal "Charlee". Her name is Lara. Hope everything goes well with these last few days. Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby :)
This was great! I was laughing the whole time I read it because guess what...you will always lose the battle with her. I have yet to win one. The best is when Kaylee's said her worst nightmare was when my eyes got really big (which I thought of you because you never liked when my eyes got big either), and then I ate her. Her previous worst nightmare was that I was trying to drown her. What does this girl think of me to create such nightmares??
But then there is this relationship where you love them to pieces if only they would obey JUST ONCE!! Kaylee still pushes every button she can. The only time she behaves is when she's sick and doesn't have the energy. I love when she sick. That's when she will just be nice. This was a really funny post. It's a good thing we have blogs so we can vent it to the blogging world.
Good luck with your next baby soon.
I have my own personal Ashie. I love her to pieces but sometimes I really don't like her. How's that for a wonderful parenting moment? She really knows how to push my buttons and she does it well and often. Ashie only does what Ashie wants when Ashie wants it. She can be cute and adorable and lovable and snuggly when she wants to be but most the time she is a huge challenge.
I'm just afraid that all of my girls are going to be Charlee's - - Rose is well on her way and I just don't know if I can handle that. So funny that we can all relate. I keep telling myself it is just a 2 and 3 year old thing and Cali will eventually realize that it is not worth fighting with me and you better just do what mom asks. I'll let you know if that day ever comes.
Can't wait to see that baby!Miss you Lee!
This post just had me laughing. I can just see you having your moments with Charlee. But she is so cute. I am thinking of you a lot this week...hope all goes well with your new baby!!!
Post a Comment